15/December/14 - The Venturer Unit finished
the year with a night at Indy Carts. There was plenty of
competition, some good driving, so not so good driving and a great
time bal all.
[Here are the Photos from the night]
[Check out the Lap times for the night]
- The Scouts took the Cubs to Camp Coutts for the weekend.
Whilst we were there, Nathan was invested into the Scout Troop in a
going up ceremony from Cubs. Nathan took to the cliffs and
left Cubs to Abseil into Scouts. Welcome Nathan and thanks to
the cubs for a great weekend.
[See Nathan & Others abseil]
- The Scouts and Venturers headed to Wee Jasper for a long weekend
of Caving. We hired a mini bus and made the long drive on the
Saturday. Thanks to Cliff for looking after us for the
[Check us out in the Caves]
- William unfortunately was not able to join us in the caves for his
Investitures, so we took the firsk opportunity we had to welcome him
into the troop. Welcome Will.
[See Will's Investiture]
- The Scout Troop had a movie night at the hall on Friday and then
headed to Wombeyan Caves on Saturday morning. Whilst at the
caves, we welcomed Mitchell and Oliver into the Troop from within
the Fig Tree Cave. Although we took the easy way out staying
in the bunk houses this time, we had a great time exploring the
caves and grounds of the reserve.
[Here is our weekend in photos]
- Scouts release their Term Program for terms 3 and 4.
[Download your copy here]
25/August/14 - The Venturer Unit visited
Barden Ridge Driving range for a night of golf. At the end of
the night we welcomed Jacob and Josh into the Venturer Unit.
[Check out the Investitures]
- The Scout Troop Visited HMAS Parramatta for a private tour of the
ship. Thanks to all the crew for their time looking after us
on board and showing us what it is like in the life of a Navy
[Have a look at the boat.]
- The Troop Council headed into the city to host their Troop Council
in the Board Room. Some fresh air walking around the Gardens
before grabbing some Krispy Kreams and Soft Drink and heading to the
Board Room for a Video Conference Hook up and Troop Council. A
change of environment and a change in thoughts has given us a great
program going forward. Thanks to Sprint for the use of their
boardroom overlooking Wynyard Park.
[What a set up for Troop Council]
- The Scouts hosted the Groups Christmas In July event as a
Fundraiser for AJ2016. Thanks to our partners who donated to
Bangor Tavern Burson Auto Caringbah Anytime Fitness Illawong
Dick Smith Foods Maritime Museum
Bankstown RSL Ford Performance Racing
Coles Illawong Sweet Chilli Thai Illawong
Photographic Memory Starshots Caringbah
[Check out the great night had by all]
- The Scouts practiced some simple science experiments to make a
mess of the hall for the night.
[Have a look at our fun evening]
- The Venturer Unit and Rover Crew had a joint night with a Cook
Off. Each team had $5.00 per person and need to cook up a 3
course meal. There was some interesting meals served up and
the Rover Team unfortunately took out the wooden spoon for the
night. During the evening the Unit welcomed Tim, Bryce
and Blake up from the Scout Troop.
[Check out the meals and Investitures]
- Cameron, Lachlan and Patrick attended the Scout Metropolitan
Region Basic Scout Leadership Course at Heathcote Scout Training
Centre. This is a course designed to provide Scouts with
suitable leadership skills using a practical "hands on" approach run
inline with the Patrol System. A huge Thank You to Fluffy and
Angel our course leaders and all other leaders that assisted over
[See some of the weekends activities]
- The Venturers came to assist with a Mock Emergency at the hall.
When the Scouts arrived they saw smoke, and heard the sound of an
emergency evacuation tone. Scouts were tasked with working as
a patrol to locate and rescue the Venturers who all had varying
degrees of injuries. Everyone made it out safe and sound.
[What does your Mock Emergency Look Like?]
- Olivia was presented with her Joey Scout Promise Badge. This
is the highest award in the Joey Scout Section. The aim of the
Challenge is to allow the Joey Scouts to gain a greater
understanding of the Scout Law and Promise and to learn about our
founder Lord Baden Powell (BP) and the history of Scouting.
[Well Done Olivia]
- The Venturer Unit took up the challenge of Team Building.
There were some interesting challenges put to them and they did a
super job building their team spirit. Only the one injury for
the night resulting in Jem Jem applying first aid and his awesome
[See what we got up to]
- Scouts hosted the Venturers, Cubs, Joeys and Rovers at the 2014
Region Gathering held at Cataract Scout Park.
[Check out the activities from the weekend]
[Have a look at the photos from the weekend]
- Scouts headed into the City for the Vivid Light festival.
The Ventures came to assist and chaperone. There were some
great photo opportunities whilst we were out there.
[See our Vivid Tour]
- Scouts release their Term 2 Program.
[Check out what we are up to]
- The Venturer Unit Council has met and released their program
covering May, June and July.
- Our Para Scout Troop (Kangaroo's - Special Needs Section) release
their Term 2 Program.
[See what they are up to]
- Scouts headed to Camp Kariong at Woy Woy for the weekend. We
had some great food, an Easter Chocolate Hunt, swimming and lazing
around the camp fire. This was a great way to spend the middle
weekend of the school holidays.
[Here are some photos of the weekend]
- The Venturers attended the premier Venturer activity on their
yearly calendar... Dragon Skin - Lost Cities. By all accounts
they had a great weekend.
[Dragon Skin Results]
[Team 141's Walking Map]
[Photos from the Lost Cities]
7/Apr/14 - The Venturers have a challenge set
of investing their new chums whist they cook 2 minute noodles raised
of the floor. We came up with some interesting cooking
constructions.. Just not sure how safe they all were. A
big welcome to Jenny and Rachael.
[Have a look at the contraptions]
- Woronora River Scouts came to visit and we worked on constructing
a Camp Table. Not all made it past the test at the end of having
someone sit on them, but a great night was had.
At the conclusion of the night, we invested Andrew into the troop.
[Have a look at our wash stand and Andrew's Investiture]
- The District Rover Crew came up for the night and had a Nerf war
with the Venturers. Some of us managed to get some good shots
in and others.... Well glad we don't need to aim much at school.
[See our battle area]
- Scouts went to Camp Coutts for a Troop Camp. Whilst we were
there, we took the opportunity to invest Emily into the troop whilst
at the pool. Over the weekend we did some badge work and
learnt how to swing Poy.
[Have a look at our weekend.]
- Venturers took a step back in time and played some of the old
fashioned games they used to play, Baby Feeding, Scientists and
Cannibals and charades. It was a great night of our
[Practising to be parents]
- To assist in obtaining our Citizenship badge, Josh F organised for
us to visit the Police Aviation Wing (PolAir) on Friday night.
This was a great night. We got to watch some movies, check out the
helicopters and even sit in them and put on some Police equipment.
A big B-R-A-V-O-O-O to the Police that showed us around for taking
the time out to show us into their working life.
[Check us out in the PolAir Wing]
- The Cub Pack was challenged to cook pancakes in the hall with only
material destine for the bin or recycling. The Cubs used an
old frypan and placed it on two bricks, and made a "hobo" metho
burner. The setup was a success and the pancakes did not last
[Watch us cook]
- Venturers took to their award scheme tonight and had a go at Body
Painting for Expressions.
[Look at our painting efforts]
- The Joey Mob organised for the group to head to Menai Park for
Clean Up Australia Day
[Look at us clean up]
- Josh F took a hike patrol out to complete his Adventurer Level
Hike along the Great North Walk. This hike took a lot of time
and effort to organise and was a great learning opportunity for Josh
and his patrol of James, Thomas, Cameron, Matt and Zach.
[Look at the photos of our hike]
[Josh's Log - Soon to come]
- Scouts welcomed Mattias, Oliver, Luke, Mitchell and Kieran into
the Scout Troop up from Cubs. We had a great night
constructing a rope bridge for the new chums to walk over,
symbolising leaving Cubs and moving up to Scouts..
[See us on the bridge]
- The Cub Pack headed to Swallow Rock Reserve for a Cub Water Fun
night. They made poor man surf mats, balloon boats and tried a
few different blow up boats..
[Look at us on the water]
- Venturers meet up with the Rovers for a night at Kempt Field.
We were the entertainment for the locals as we slid down the hill on
our blocks of ice.
[Check us out on the hills]
- The Joey Mob had a Water Night at the hall. The highlight
was sliding on a tyre down the soapy tarp.
[See us slip and slide]
- Indiana lead the Cub Pack for her Gray Wolf walk down to Karloo
Pools. It was a hot day, so the Cubs swam in the pools before
the long walk up the hills. A great walk and while we were
down there, we found a track that lead to Ullula Falls. One
day we will be back to explore this track.
[Photos of our walk]
- The Cub Pack are taking advantage of the daylight savings and
every second week in February and March they are out and about.
The First walk was along Cronulla Esplanade from Bass and Flinders point to North Cronulla. A great walk that gave them a chance to walk along the rocks at Shelly Beach and across South Cronulla Beach.
[Check out of photos from the night]
- The Scout Troop released the Troop Program for Term 1. Take
a look at what we have planned.
[Download or program]
- The Cub Pack along with leaders, 2 Scouts and a Scout Leader
attended the 5th NSW Cuboree at Cataract Scout Pack.
This was a week of great fun.
[Photos of our week]
2013 PREVIOUS - NEXT 2015